Tuesday, August 17, 2010

“Did you forget to pack your teddy or perhaps he wasn’t ready”


Almost all of the good byes have been said and yet agene I am lost for words. I have always been attached to things not new things but well loved things that reminded me of people I love. So I am going end the way I started before coming to Northern Ireland I was asked in my small group to share 3 things I was making sure to bring with me and three things I had to leave behind. The rules are no people our eales I would need two plans. I am also going to add to things I am looking forward to agene and nothing can repeat from the begging f the year.


Things I am looking forward to agene

  1. CHACOS, my sandals with I love and have not worn in over a year because it is far to cold hear for them so they where left with Rachel.
  2. YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH, I know weird but it is true I miss this food and I could not find it any ware hear
  3. MY BOOKS, so many books all my books on dance history and my collection of art folios my OXFORED andtaed study bible. Anne lament books and books books books


Things I was sure to bring with me

  1. JEWLEY, I was given lots this year as gifts but tree peace inparticuler I was give a necklace from the teacher at the primary school where I thought dance class this year along with huge homemade cards from my students. I was given another necklaces that looks a little like a shooting stare from my church family that I will love for ever it reminds me that even though I am going to be far away I will still be under the same sky as my church family hear, than the world seems smaller. Last a bracelet from the bowlers are group of people who just adopted me.
  2. A MAP OF THE STATE OF VA, It hung in Andy and Robs flat they are my closet YAV friends. They both grow up in VA and we all went to school there. In a lot of ways if feels as if VA is where I am meant to be going back to like I just did another semester abroad. The three of us would hang out and I would call them VA days. They gave me the map and wrote don’t forget your other home state.
  3. A BENNIE BABY DALMATION NAMED DOTTY, It was left on my bed by it owner Meredith in January she brot him with her but sadly he got left behind. But I took good care of him and sadly got very attached. He road in my bag to Galway, Cork, Ayr, Obion, Iona, Inverness, and back to Belfast. I think he is ready to go home to Jersey to be with Meredith and he will get there tomorrow

Things I have to leave behind

  1. TEA POT, Evelyn gave me a very cute brown tea pot to make tea in I loved it I used it all year and I thought of her each time but I didn’t have room to pack it so it is staying in Belfast for the next sets of YAVs
  2. PURPLE WELLIE BOOTS, (rain boots) They where sent in the mail by Rachel for my birthday and I love them to death latterly I ware them so much this spring walking to church and back and in skits for J-team than I put holes in them and well as much as I love them and the reminded me of how much I love Rachel they just didn’t seem very practical to bring home siens the leak and take up a lot of room. So I give them to Caroline because they where to notores around Garnerville to just throw away.
  3. MY STIKY NOTE PRAYER WALL, I was my 2nd prayer wall to build and take down. I would write my prayer on them and but them on the wall, on them was a log of a years of prayer for people every where for friends in the states and friends in Belfast and YAVs all over the world. Even though my wall had to come down the payers are never gone they go with me and with that I have faith that everyone I love and all the world will go with me as well.


Thank you for all you support for reading this silly blog but mostly for your love
IN Christ and Love
Patricia

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all your investment in YAV and the people you came to love. See you back in the states, and, hopefully, in Allentown.

    Love,
    Tom, Carolyn, Greg & Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete